The use of certain cookies requires consent. We do this by means of a so-called cookie banner.
3. The type of cookies used and their purpose
We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: these allow the website to function better and are more user-friendly for the visitor. For example, we store login details or what is put in the shopping basket.
- Anonymous analytical cookies: these ensure that each time a website is visited, an anonymous cookie is generated. These cookies know whether a visitor has visited the site before or not. A cookie is only generated on the first visit. On subsequent visits, the existing cookie will be used. This cookie is used only for statistical purposes. The following data can be collected: the number of unique visitors, how often users visit the site, which pages users view, how long users view a certain page, at which page visitors leave the site.
- Tracking cookies from others: these track which pages are visited on the internet to build a personal profile. This profile is not linked to the name, address, e-mail address, etc. of the visitor as known to us, but is only used to match advertisements to the profile of the visitor so that they are as relevant as possible to the visitor. For these cookies we ask the permission of the visitor. Without permission, these cookies will not be placed.
- Social media-related cookies: these record which articles and pages the visitor shares via their social media sharing buttons, such as Facebook and LinkedIn. They may also contain tracking cookies that follow your surfing behaviour on the web.
- Site improvement cookies: these enable us to test different versions of a web page to see which one attracts the most visitors.
4. Rights with regard to the data
The visitor has the right to inspect, rectify, restrict and delete personal data. In addition, the visitor has the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. The visitor can exercise these rights by sending us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. To prevent misuse, we may ask visitors to adequately identify themselves. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, we ask the visitor to send a copy of the cookie in question. The visitor can find this in the settings of the browser.
5. Blocking and deleting cookies
The visitor can at all times easily block and delete cookies themselves via the internet browser. The visitor can also set the internet browser in such a way that the visitor receives a message when a cookie is placed. The visitor can also indicate that certain cookies should not be placed. For this option, see the help function of the browser. If the visitor removes the cookies in the browser, this may have consequences for the pleasant use of this website.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties who, among other things, display advertisements to the visitor via our website. The visitor can remove these cookies centrally via www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please be aware that if cookies are no longer desired, we can no longer guarantee that our website will work properly. It may be that some functions of the site are lost or even that the visitor can no longer visit the website at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that the visitor will no longer see any advertisements. The ads are then only not tailored to the interests of the visitor and can therefore be repeated more often.
How the visitor can adjust settings differs per browser. If necessary, consult the help function of the browser, or click on one of the icons below to go directly to the manual of the browser.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-verwijderen-gegevens-wissen-websites-opgeslagen
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: https: //support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/kb/278835
- Safari: https: //support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=nl_NL
6. New developments and unforeseen cookies
The texts of our website may be changed at any time due to ongoing developments. This also applies to our cookie statement. Therefore, please read this statement regularly to keep abreast of any changes.
It is also possible that through our websites cookies are placed by others, of which we ourselves are not always aware. Does the visitor encounter unforeseen cookies on our website that he/she cannot find in our overview? Please let us know via email@example.com. The visitor can also contact the third party directly and ask what cookies they place, what the reason for that is, what the lifespan of the cookie is and how they guarantee privacy.
7. Concluding remarks
We will have to adapt these statements from time to time, for instance when we adapt our website or when the rules concerning cookies change. The visitor can consult this web page for the latest version. If the visitor has any questions and/or remarks please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.